After collaborating with researchers and scientific practitioners from multiple areas of behavioral health for a decade, the NOURISH Recovery Yoga system was created. Recovery Yoga is an effective way for individuals to learn the evidence-based skills that improve resilience and support recovery. Learn more about the history, here.
NOURISH Recovery Yoga is safe and has shown to assist individuals in recovery from all six types of eating disorders as well as from substance use disorders. We have modified what we have learned in treatment and adapted it for schools. This is called Discovery Yoga.
There are some basic elements that happen during NOURISH Yoga workshops. First, we have three types of classes:
- A (for those who feel most comfortable moving from a chair, not on a yoga mat)
- B (for those who feel comfortable working on the floor, on a yoga mat), and
- C (for those who feel at home on a yoga mat and who like to do sun salutations and advanced poses)
During NOURISH yoga workshops, participants experience more than just physical movement. At any time during each workshop, participants may:
- Engage in workbook and writing activities
- Engage in reading
- Engage in philosophical discussions
- Learn practical, evidence-based techniques for improving coping skills
NOURISH Yoga is truly for everyone, and now a portion of the NOURISH Yoga system is available online. The online courses are targeted to specific audiences, including:
(a) licensed psychotherapists who wish to learn techniques for the therapeutic office setting
(b) registered yoga instructors who wish to learn techniques for yoga studio setting
(c) individuals in recovery who would like techniques for home
Please click here to submit your request.